Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Low MCAT Score Inspiration

MCAT Score...

Here is some inspiration for low MCAT Scores:

One of my interviewers remarked on my MCAT score, and he told me that it was at the national average. I told him that I thought I could do better, and that it was the first time I had ever taken the test. He asked me if I realized what an accomplishment the national average was. He then explained that worldwide, only a small number of people graduate from high school. In the US, only about 70% of people in the 1990's graduated high school. Only 50% of people currently entering college will ever graduate, and only 30% of the American population hold bachelor's degrees. Very few people ever get invited for a medical school interview. So, the national average says a lot. It made me think of my accomplishment in a different way. When he said it, I didn't think about it much, but now, I realize how important it is.I was looking down on myself and thinking of excuses. I don't know how accurate the percentages are, but it did change the way I think about my score.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got my MCAT score today, and I was not at all pleased about it. I haven't been able to sleep, and like any neurotic pre-med student, began surfing the internet to see if I still had a chance.

Your post has been the most helpful, of all the sites I've visited. You've saved my confidence, not to mention my relationship, which was beginning to get strained during this stressful process. Thank you. I wish you the best in all you do.

Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 2:25:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Iriatai said...

So I'm studying for the MCAT, freaking out because I'm not scoring close to what I want at all and it's only 4 days away. Days of waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I want to throw up, getting emotional everyday, tired and sleepy all the time, crying after each practice exam, I feel like I'm driving myself crazy.

Like the previous post, I have been going crazy searching the web in hopes that I can find some tip that can be useful, some piece of advice that might help me.

Your post really stopped me in my tracks and shook me hard. I should stop obsessing over this stupid test, stop putting so much on it, its not going to end my life, nor end my dreams of becoming a doctor as I will keep trying if I don't get it.

sooo...thank you

Monday, April 27, 2009 at 7:33:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

In the end , we'll all be doctors... that is what counts. Some of our roads may be bumpier than others, but keeping our eye on the prize is what matters most. BE DETERMINED... STAY FOCUSED! Good luck future MD's :)

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 at 11:48:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too want to say thanks for this post. I was devistated, because I felt so sure I did well on my second try, and in fact I scored 1 point lower and it nearly tore me apart. I know now that this isn't going to be easy...but I will keep pushing hard to do better and NOT give up.

Thanks for this...it really helped!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 4:21:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home