Friday, October 20, 2006

The RANT

I haven't written in a while, and since I haven't been able to come home (Hi family!) I figured it was about time for an update. Everything that follows will basicly boil down to the simple fact that - School sucks! I study for at least 26 hours a day. Don't ask how I come up with the extra 2 hours, it just happens. The bad thing - 26 hours a day is still not enough.
I have learned more in the past ten weeks than I have learned in all four years (five in my case) my undergraduate education. How can you squeeze 5 years of learning into 10 weeks? Again, it comes down to learning how to squeeze 26 hours into a 24 hour days. Don't ask - it is a medical school student secret. If I tell you, I think they will kick me out of the med school student club.
Other than that, I spend most every afternoon at home, alone, staring into my laptop and playing with my pile of 28 books. My laptop has become my best friend since it contains another 40 textbooks of notes that my profs feel like they need to unload on me. Remember having a my buddy doll? My laptop has become my new my buddy doll. If it could wear a red baseball cap, I would buy it one. I carry it everywhere I go. It even plays while I am taking a bath. Sad? Crazy? Overworked? No, typical med student.
I even gave my laptop a name, Luigi. Why Luigi? Because that is the name of my friend's cadaver's brain. Laptop=brain. It just makes sense.
The really bad thing is that I am barely passing some of my classes. I am really worried about making it through gross anatomy. Lord help me if I have to go to Omaha to take gross anatomy next summer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Me and Vicki both got a kick out of this blog! You're hilarious.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 at 7:36:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home