Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Jazz Fest

Well, I attended Jazz Fest to see Jimmy Buffet. I was very disappointed. You couldn't get anywhere close to the stage because they allowed everyone to park their lawn chairs wherever they wanted including all the walkways. You couldn't even stand anywhere close. Most of the chairs were empty becuase people where "reserving their spot" even when they weren't listening. People just parked their chair so that they could have a prime spot for Buffet. I did find a prime viewing spot. In the very, very, very back all the way against the fence. I will admit that I had a clear view of Jimmy Buffet. Unfortunately, he was about the size of my thumb, but I did get to see him on the large tv screen.

It was incredibly expensive. ($30 per ticket- make it $40 when you add in the ticketmaster charge. $28 to park the car. $15 per person to ride the shuttle to jazz fest round trip) I wouldn't have gone if I knew the price and the quality.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chief Howling Wolf said...

As a parrothead myself, I am becoming more and more disappointed in the risign ticket costs. I saw him in Wisconsin this year and spent over $200 for a ticket. Unreal.

I'm beginning to find more comfort at Lulu's and other down-home venues on the Coast.

Sunday, July 2, 2006 at 10:39:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home